🏦 About Fold
At Fold, we are rebuilding personal finance and mobile banking from the ground up for India’s internet native citizens.
What you'll be 🛠 working on
- Draft and update all our service agreements, contracts (NDAs, employment, internship, etc.) internal policies (terms, privacy, code of conduct, POSH, etc.),
- Lead the legal end of our fundraising efforts, and coordinate and communicate with our law firms and external accountants on our behalf,
- Work with developers and the product team to ensure that all our products are developed keeping in mind infosec, privacy, legalities and security,
- Guide the board of directors as to their duties, responsibilities and powers,
- Provide miscellaneous basic legal support to startups we fund and give grants to under various programs,
- Over time, we expect you to grow, train and scale your own legal team
- You'll create experiences that shape an iconic product. We believe in hiring smart people that pride themselves in good values, their work ethics, and holding great responsibility.
You'd fit in 💯 if:
- You’re a qualified lawyer, with 2-4 years of PQE in tier 1-2 corporate law firms with a focus on MCA, SEBI & RBI-related compliance.
- You’re a team player with excellent judgment and interpersonal skills adept at communicating with lawyers, policymakers, and various internal teams.
- You are a fast learner. If you can read 25 page RBI Master Circular and advise the product team in two days, nothing like it!
- You enjoy building from scratch. Being an early hire, creating things from the ground up should excite you.
- You can think about business constraints. We want our team members to be mindful of their choices, understand users, and think about the impact of their work on the bottom line.
- Big bonus if you’ve worked with software startups before as external counsel or in-house.
🌱 Join Us
- Full-time, or for a 6-month internship
- We'll set up your workspace
- Competitive stipend/salary
- Generous stock options for full-time employees
Other 🎁 perks and benefits
- Generous leave policy. Unlimited paid leave.
- Flexible working hours: It doesn't matter if you're a morning person or a night owl, work when you want. We all work asynchronously. Meetings are the exception, not the rule.
- Get your perfect setup: Mac/Windows/Linux, mechanical keyboard or anything that you need to do the best work of your life. We'll help set up your workspace.
- We'll take care of you: Annual team retreats, all meals and accommodation if you choose to work from our Bangalore HQ. Wellness allowance to take care of your physical and mental health (gym memberships, meditation apps, and anything else you need).
- Health insurance & benefits. Comprehensive health insurance coverage of ₹20L, includes free health check-ups, unlimited doctor consultations, dental care, and expansive personal accident insurance.
Our ⚙️ recruitment process
- Introduction: Get on an introductory call with us. We'll talk about your interests, your past experience, our vision of the future, and how you can contribute and help us achieve it.
- Assignment: A 72-hour assignment to be started at your convenience, which will test your analytical, legal and written communication skills.
- Paid work: Alternatively, if you’re open to it, also happy to work with you for a trial 3-4 week period either part-time or full-time to see if we work well together. You will be paid as a contractor in such a scenario.
We move very fast, and we'll be mindful of your time. All of this will be done within a week, and if all goes well you'll receive a final offer within 48 hours of your second-round interview :)
Write ✍️ to us
If you think you'd like to join us, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org (with "Fintech Legal <Full-time>" as the subject), with links to your personal portfolio, LinkedIn, or anything else you think might be relevant. To truly stand out, we recommend you answer at least one of these questions:
- What's the best thing you've made without anybody asking?
- What's a popular opinion that you agree with?
- What are your views on the current fintech scene in India?