🏦 About Fold
At Fold, we are rebuilding personal finance and mobile banking from the ground up for India’s internet native citizens.
You'd fit in 💯 if
- You're self-driven. You'll often work with the sales and operations teams, but will largely be working alone without constant oversight.
- You've worked with startups. You'll be the first of your kind to work with us. We'll be learning from you much more than you think. Have you built financial strategies for companies? Have you handled the accounting process for a startup before? We don’t care about your degree but having prior finance & accounting experience is important.
- You love financial data. At the core of your job is to find insights from all the company’s financial data. You can grasp our history and our partners' stories and are able to create unique narratives for each customer on the go.
- You understand business. You can quickly understand different markets, their nitty-gritty, and how Fold might be able to enter and help existing businesses with their goals.
- You can dive deep into a company's operations. Companies themselves often don't know what they're missing out on and what they need to succeed. You should be able to spot these opportunities for them and pitch valuable solutions, even if they might not involve finance.
What you'll be 🔀 working on
- Streamlining our accounting and finance processes.
- Handle day to day vendor payments, invoicing, and payroll.
- Keep track of all the funds and do maintain books in coordination with our CA.
- Provide strategic financial advice to our core team based on KPIs, budgets, forecasts on how well the business is growing.
- Improve and build processes and systems that contribute to operational excellence. This includes processes within finance, budgeting, and other departments as they arise.
- Work hand-in-hand with the external finance team to ensure accounting follows best practices. Oversee the implementation of accounting standards if necessary and continuous improvement efforts on all financials and metrics.
- Develop modeling and analysis to track both team-specific and business-wide trends, understand variance drivers and communicate insights to drive action
- Take ownership of the company P&L, cash flow, balance sheet and board financial reporting.
- Assist with financial and metrics reporting to the leadership team
⚙️ Our finance tools stack
We don’t limit ourselves but here are the few tools we have been using lately -
- Google spreadsheets for projections
- Notion for documenting everything
- Pitch for making presentations
- RazorpayX for disbursing salaries, and making payments.
🌱 Join us
- Full-time role
- We'll help set up your workspace
- Competitive stipend/salary
- Generous stock options
🎁 Perks and benefits
- Generous leave policy: Unlimited paid leave.
- Flexible working hours: It doesn't matter if you're a morning person or a night owl, work when you want. We all work asynchronously. Meetings are the exception, not the rule.
- Get your perfect setup: Mac/Windows/Linux, mechanical keyboard or anything that you need to do the best work of your life. We'll help set up your workspace.
- We'll take care of you: Annual team retreats, all meals and accommodation if you choose to work at Bangalore HQ. Wellness allowance to take care of your physical and mental health (gym memberships, meditation apps, and anything you need).
- Health insurance & benefits: Comprehensive health insurance coverage of ₹20L for full time employees, includes free health check-ups, unlimited doctor consultations, dental care, and generous personal accident insurance.
- Make a big difference: Take, own, and implement decisions to build Fold from scratch. We are not rushing to market but focusing on a quality product and the attention to little details.
⚙️ Our recruitment process
- Introduction: Get on an introductory call with us. We'll talk about your interests, your past experience, our vision of the future, and how you can contribute and help us achieve it.
- Take-home exercise: We'll send over a small finance related challenge, which you'll have to complete and send back in 48 hours.
- Culture fit: If we like your submission, we will set up a culture round to see if we both are culture fit in this journey :)
We move very fast, and we'll be mindful of your time. All of this will be done within a week, and if all goes well you'll receive a final offer within 24 hours of the pair-programming round.
✍️ Write to us
If you think you'd like to join us, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with links to your CV , personal portfolio, LinkedIn, or anything else you think might be relevant. To truly stand out, we recommend you answer at least one of these questions:
- What's your favourite app? How would you make it better?
- How do you stay current on industry trends and developments in finance?
- What big problem is nobody solving?
- How do you stay organized and manage financial data and documents?
- How do you think about and approach financial planning and forecasting?
- Can you describe a time when you had to handle a complex or challenging financial issue, and how you approached it?
- List three problems in 21st-century personal finance, and tell us how you would solve them?