🏦 About Fold
At Fold, we are rebuilding personal finance and mobile banking from the ground up for India’s internet native citizens.
🛠 Working with us
On joining Fold as a Product Designer you will get to work on our mobile app. We have learned a lot and are still learning since Fold and Devfolio went live in 2019. You will get a chance to apply all that we have learned, and all that you can learn – with your research – to making Fold an all-around delightful experience for users.
- You'll join our small design team and contribute to designing the Fold app.
- You'll own multiple processes end to end, working with the design, product, backend teams, to solve the biggest problems for our users.
- You'll help us make the right tradeoffs, taking into consideration design and business limitations, and build a product for the long term with robust and reliable code.
- Being an early designer of our team, in the next few years, we will expect you to grow, train, and manage your own team.
At Fold we respect and love good design. Every detail, regardless of utility, that shows affection for the user is added to our products. We take pride in what we make and aspire to make our products functional, beautiful, and accessible.
💯 You'd fit in if:
- You have 3+ Years of product design experience.
- You are proficient in Figma (our choice of design tool) and other tools you use to get your work done.
- You understand that great work isn’t done in isolation but is a dance between the creator and the world, hence you appreciate and take feedback as a tool – and as any other tool use it to make your work better.
- You have a solid understanding of creating, maintaining, and documenting design systems. (We have a Design System for Fold already in place! A Design System is always evolving, and it will be one of your jobs to tend to it and grow it in the right direction.)
- You have a killer taste. You can tell the good apart from the average and aspire to make work that is as good as your taste is.
- Good to have: basic prototyping/animation skills using any tools of choice, bonus if it’s After Effects.
Simply put, you’re a very good designer – you know this, but you don’t let it go over your head. You value straight talk and direct feedback and want to know when your work is not first-rate.
🛠️ What you will do
By the end of your...
- First week with us
- You will have an understanding of our vision and mission.
- You will have full access to all of our designs in Figma, we believe in trusting our teammates with what is best for our company/product.
- You will get comfortable using our Design System. (our Head of Design will help you every step along the way)
- You will start making small contributions to ongoing features. This will help you get acquainted with our design philosophy and language which are important to make big meaningful contributions in the coming days.
- First month with us
- You will have finished designing a core Fold feature from scratch.
- You will have handed off the page(s) to our devs.
- With enough context, you will choose the next part of Fold you will work on.
- You will have documented and organized parts of our Design System.
- First 3 months with us
- You will have most of what you have worked on shipped.
- You will start taking on new projects and help the Product team with guidance and ideation.
🌱 Join us
- Full-time role
- We'll help set up your workspace
- Competitive stipend/salary
- Generous stock options (for full-time employees)
🎁 Perks and benefits
- Generous leave policy. Unlimited paid leave.
- Flexible working hours: It doesn't matter if you're a morning person or a night owl, work when you want. We all work asynchronously. Meetings are the exception, not the rule.
- Get your perfect setup: Mac/Windows/Linux, mechanical keyboard or anything that you need to do the best work of your life. We'll help set up your workspace.
- We'll take care of you: Annual team retreats, meals and accommodation if you choose to work at Bangalore HQ. Wellness allowance to take care of your physical and mental health (gym memberships, meditation apps, and anything you need).
- Health insurance & benefits. Comprehensive health insurance coverage of ₹20L for full-time employees, includes free health check-ups, unlimited doctor consultations, dental care, and generous personal accident insurance.
- Make a big difference: Take, own, and implement decisions to build Fold from scratch. We are not rushing to market but focusing on a quality product and the attention to little details.
⚙️ Our recruitment process
We acknowledge that finding a person who ticks every box is pretty challenging. That’s why we prefer an “If I don’t know, I’ll figure it out” - attitude over having a perfectly matching resume & portfolio.
Begin by sending your portfolio/work to firstname.lastname@example.org. If there’s a fit we will reach back to you to have an introductory 20 minutes call - to understand your background, motivations etc. If we end up being on the same page we will send you an interesting takeaway task that you can finish on a timeline suggested by you.
Post task completion, if everything goes alright we will have an hour-long pair designing session in Figma. This session will help us in assessing your problem-solving and aesthetic skills while also assuring us that you know your way around Figma.
Write ✍️ to us
If you're excited about our mission and believe you might be a fit, we'd love to hear from you. Write to us at email@example.com (with "Product designer Full-time" as the subject), with links to your Behance, Dribbble, personal portfolio, LinkedIn, or anything else you think might be relevant. To truly stand out, we recommend you answer at least one of these questions:
- What great app is nobody making?
- Who do you look up to as a designer (people/products)?
- What's your favourite app? How would you make it better?
- What was the first thing you designed? When and why did you make it?
- What big problem is nobody solving?
- List three problems in 21st-century personal finance, and tell us how you would solve them.