🏦 About Fold
At Fold, we are rebuilding personal finance and mobile banking from the ground up for India’s internet native citizens.
🏋️ About the role
We are seeking a talented Quality Assurance Engineer with expertise in iOS and Android app testing to join our dynamic tech team. As a QA Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring the quality and reliability of our iOS and Android apps, as well as our web application. You will work closely with the development team to design, develop, and execute comprehensive test plans to identify and resolve any issues before new versions are released.
💯 You’d fit in if
- We don’t care about your credentials and degrees but having a solid 4+ experience in QA testing is important.
- You enjoy building products from scratch. Joining in at an early stage involves a lot more than just building an app. You'll be working in often fast pace environment, and involved in product and business decisions as well.
- You can work in teams. You need to be able to collaborate and work across teams. Having some sort of experience mentoring and leading the QA team is a plus.
- You can work within business constraints. You understand how companies work and make the correct tradeoffs between time, speed, and features whenever required.
- You love to give back to the community through blogging, mentoring, and contributing to open source.
- You understand the fintech industry. Experience working and testing applications around fintech products is a big plus.
- You have a good design and product sense. Experience with Figma and modern tools are important to ensure we ship high quality applications.
- Conduct thorough testing of all application flows on our iOS and Android apps, as well as our web app.
- Collaborate with the development team to understand requirements and develop effective test strategies.
- Design and execute test plans and test cases to verify functionality, performance, usability, and compatibility of the applications.
- Identify and document bugs and issues, and work with the development team to resolve them.
- Develop and maintain automated test scripts using tools such as XCTest for iOS and Espresso for Android to ensure efficient and accurate testing.
- Perform regression testing to validate bug fixes and new features.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure consistent quality across platforms.
🌱 Join us
- We'll help set up your workspace
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock options (for full-time employees)
🎁 Perks and benefits
- Generous leave policy: Unlimited paid leave.
- Flexible working hours: It doesn't matter if you're a morning person or a night owl, work when you want. We all work asynchronously. Meetings are the exception, not the rule.
- Get your perfect setup: Mac/Windows/Linux, mechanical keyboard or anything that you need to do the best work of your life. We'll help set up your workspace.
- We'll take care of you: Annual team retreats, all meals and accommodation if you choose to work at Bangalore HQ. Wellness allowance to take care of your physical and mental health (gym memberships, meditation apps, and anything you need).
- Health insurance & benefits: Comprehensive health insurance coverage of ₹17.5L for full-time employees, includes free health check-ups, unlimited doctor consultations, dental care, and generous personal accident insurance.
- Make a big difference: Take, own, and implement decisions to build Fold from scratch. We are not rushing to market but focusing on a quality product and the attention to little details.
⚙️ Our recruitment process
- Introduction: Get on an introductory call with us. We'll talk about your interests, your past experience, our vision of the future, and how you can contribute and help us achieve it.
- Take-home exercise: We'll send over an application development challenge, which you'll have to complete and send back in 48 hours.
- Pair programming: If we like your submission, we'll invite you to an interview with one of our engineers (strictly no whiteboarding), with whom you'll be pair-programming on a real-world problem.
We move very fast, and we'll be mindful of your time. All of this will be done within a week, and if all goes well you'll receive a final offer within 24 hours of the pair-programming round.
✍️ Write to us
If you think you'd like to join us, write to us at email@example.com, with links to your GitHub profile, Devfolio, personal portfolio, LinkedIn, or anything else you think might be relevant. To truly stand out, we recommend you answer at least two of these questions:
- Describe a project you worked on that required extensive quality assurance. What role did you play in ensuring its quality?
- What was the most challenging bug you've ever encountered? How did you approach solving it?
- What are some unique testing methodologies you have implemented or suggested in your past roles?
- Can you recall an instance where your testing efforts significantly improved a product or service? How did you identify and address the issue?
- Share an example of a software quality metric you have found particularly valuable. Why was it valuable and how did you use it?
- List three problems in 21st-century personal finance, and tell us how you would solve them.